The Ulutas Medical Journal (UMJ) is a 3 monthly, open access, peer reviewed and fully refereed international journal with very low research paper publication fee (140$, for all countries). Writing a research paper is a skill and the Ulutas Medical Journal have the team of scientists and academicians who are dedicated to help learn and improve that skill by providing a guide for writing high quality research papers through peer reviewing.
To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To help with this preparation please ensure the following when submitting: Please submit the Title Page containing the Authors details and Blinded Manuscript with no author details as 2 separate files. This should include the title, authors' names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including telephone and e-mail address.
Besides the obvious need to remove names and affiliations under the title within the manuscript, there are other steps that need to be taken to ensure the manuscript is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review. To assist with this process the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2007]” .
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Name your files with care and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
Journal Statistics (by June 2017)
Submitted Articles: 143
Published Articles: 62
Accepted Articles: 75
Rejected Articles: 47
Articles under-review: 18
Acceptance Rate: %62.5
Overall Decision Time: 12 days.
Total Download: 16.591 (For all times)
Why publish in The Ulutas Medical Journal ?
- 10 High Quality Journal Indexing (CrossREF, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus)
- Rapid processing and fast peer review (2 weeks)
- Low Publication charge (For all countries)
- A minimum of two rounds of expert scientific editing
- Complimentary print issue copy for each corresponding author
- Authors retain copyright under a Creative Commons license
Before submitting a manuscript, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and instructions given on the Manuscript Submission.