E-ISSN 2149-388X | ISSN 2149-0430
 

Original Article 


Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain

Edip Gonullu, Eyup Kebapci, ilhan Bahar, Mustafa Berktas.

Abstract
Introduction: We wanted to evaluate the comparison of clinical and demographic structures of patients admitted to the intensive care unit according to whether they have chest pain or not.
Materials and Methods: Clinical records of 134 patients who were hospitalized in the tertiary ICUs of Our Hospital due to COVID-19 between October 1 and November 30, 2020 were reviewed retrospectively.
Results: Mortality occurred in 56.7% of the patients. All of these patients were aged over 65 years and hypertension was the most common comorbidity. Mean length of ICU stay was 8 (range, 2-49) days. Eighty-two (61.2%) patients were oxygenated with noninvasive, high-flow nasal oxygen and facemask oxygenation. The remaining 52 (38.8%) patients were ventilated invasively. All patients received antibiotic treatment and 47.8% of them received antiviral (favipiravir) treatment.
Conclusion: Mortality occurred in 56.7% of the patients admitted to ICU with the complaint of chest pain. Further studies are needed to substantiate our findings.

Key words: Covid-19, Mortality, Chest pain


 
ARTICLE TOOLS
Abstract
PDF Fulltext
How to cite this articleHow to cite this article
Citation Tools
Related Records
 Articles by Edip Gonullu
Articles by Eyup Kebapci
Articles by ilhan Bahar
Articles by Mustafa Berktas
on Google
on Google Scholar


How to Cite this Article
Pubmed Style

Gonullu E, Kebapci E, Bahar i, Berktas M. Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. Ulutas Med J. 2021; 7(3): 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330


Web Style

Gonullu E, Kebapci E, Bahar i, Berktas M. Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. http://www.ulutasmedicaljournal.com/?mno=90340 [Access: September 24, 2021]. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330


AMA (American Medical Association) Style

Gonullu E, Kebapci E, Bahar i, Berktas M. Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. Ulutas Med J. 2021; 7(3): 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



Vancouver/ICMJE Style

Gonullu E, Kebapci E, Bahar i, Berktas M. Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. Ulutas Med J. (2021), [cited September 24, 2021]; 7(3): 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



Harvard Style

Gonullu, E., Kebapci, . E., Bahar, . i. & Berktas, . M. (2021) Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. Ulutas Med J, 7 (3), 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



Turabian Style

Gonullu, Edip, Eyup Kebapci, ilhan Bahar, and Mustafa Berktas. 2021. Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. THE ULUTAS MEDICAL JOURNAL, 7 (3), 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



Chicago Style

Gonullu, Edip, Eyup Kebapci, ilhan Bahar, and Mustafa Berktas. "Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain." THE ULUTAS MEDICAL JOURNAL 7 (2021), 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



MLA (The Modern Language Association) Style

Gonullu, Edip, Eyup Kebapci, ilhan Bahar, and Mustafa Berktas. "Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain." THE ULUTAS MEDICAL JOURNAL 7.3 (2021), 188-192. Print. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330



APA (American Psychological Association) Style

Gonullu, E., Kebapci, . E., Bahar, . i. & Berktas, . M. (2021) Comparison of Demographic and Clinical Characteristics of Severe Covid-19 Patients with and without Chest Pain. THE ULUTAS MEDICAL JOURNAL, 7 (3), 188-192. doi:10.5455/umj.20210624084330