The Ulutas Medical Journal (UMJ) is a 3 monthly (quarterly), open access, double-blind peer-reviewed, an international journal. Writing a research paper is a skill and the Ulutas Medical Journal have the team of scientists and academicians who are dedicated to helping learn and improve that skill by providing a guide for writing high-quality research papers through peer review.
To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To help with this preparation please ensure the following when submitting: Please submit the Title Page containing the Authors details and -Blinded Manuscript- with no author details as 2 separate files. This should include the title, authors' names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including telephone and e-mail address.
Besides the obvious need to remove names and affiliations under the title within the manuscript, there are other steps that need to be taken to ensure the manuscript is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review. To assist with this process the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2007]” .
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Name your files with care and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
Minor variations may be required when an author is prevented from being the copyright holder. The copyright line and license statement in individual articles will be adjusted in such cases. Authors requiring a variation of this type should inform ULUTAS MED J during or immediately after submitting their article. Changes to the copyright line cannot be made after the publication of an article.
- Copyright on an open-access article in a journal published by UMJ is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant UMJ a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely if its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details, and publisher are identified.
Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC): This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the license. Disclaimer. You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms if you follow the license terms.
- Under the following terms: Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- Notices: You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation. No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material. A new version of this license is available. You should use it for new works and may want to relicense existing works under it. No works are automatically put under the new license, however.
Exceptions to the copyright policy
We provide details concerning copyright and licensing for articles previously published under policies different from the above. For instance, UMJ occasionally co-publish articles jointly with other publishers, and different licensing conditions may apply. However, access to these articles is free from fees or any other access restrictions in all such cases.
Before submitting a manuscript, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and instructions on the Manuscript Submission.